April 2, 2017

Love or hate?

I'm given 2 choices, to love or to hate. I've chosen to love and be kind, partly because of my weak nature. Saying 'No' to others is difficult, which is why more often then so, I see myself doing things I don't really want to. I feel obliged to say 'yes' when people ask me for favours, even though I know i shouldn't. Saying 'no' without a legitimate reason makes me feel like a terrible person.

Everyone around me has been telling me to keep my distance from someone who doesn't deserve my company, but I've turned a deaf ear. I know in my heart the right thing to do but I can't do it. Maybe I should've been cold and just made it clear that he doesn't deserve my company. Maybe I should've just been an absolute bitch just so he knows I'm not a pushover. That's probably the 'correct' thing to do, to punish him. However, I chose to do otherwise. I chose to still be friends and hangout like we used to. The thought of him being upset just makes it so much harder to say no. I probably shouldn't be considering his feelings but I do, and that makes it so bloody difficult. I suppress my feelings and tell myself that it's no longer there but yet when we're together I feel myself having to resist the urge to want to sit a bit closer, hold his hand or hug him. The daily 'good morning' texts are not making it any easier for me to let go. I can't bear to not respond because I think it's rude. But I wonder if being kind at the expense of my emotions is worth it or plain stupid. He might just be using me till he find new friends and just stringing me on to boost his ego or maybe he genuinely cares for me as a friend. Anything is possible, I don't know what his deal is. Either way, I chose to forgive, I chose to be kind and that may be the dumbest thing to do but it doesn't matter. It's not worth hating just because I can. I believe that's karma's job to do. That being said, I wish I didn't care so much about how others felt and cared a little more about myself. I deserve better.

No comments:

Post a Comment