February 6, 2015

The pain of losing someone so important to you is just cruel. 040215, I lost my greatest companion - my dog. Everything seems so different without her. I reach home hoping to see her excitedly running to the door, but am faced with nothing but silence. I turn to look at her bed and it's missing her presence. I want this to be a bad dream so bad, hoping to see her looking back at me with those big, round pearly eyes when I wake. My mind refuses to accept that my baby is gone, forever. Knowing that I'll never get the chance to hold her or kiss her again makes my heart ache. The worst of it all is knowing in my heart that I'm to blame for it all. How could I have done this? The images of the last 3 weeks of her life are the most painful memories. I can never forgive myself for that. A careless mistake cost me my best friend. I would trade anything to have her back. Why must 2015 be like this? I was looking forward to a good year and this had to happen.

Dear Cookie,

I'm sorry for causing you so much pain. I'm sorry that you had to suffer for my mistake. I want you to know that I would do anything to have you back, if I could. Ever since you left us, we have been missing you so much. We miss your constant pestering for food during dinner. We miss seeing you lie in your bed. We miss having you greet us when we come home. We miss every bit of you. I hope you're well and healthy in doggy heaven, and having the time of your life. I never got a chance to say sorry, but I hope you'll forgive me. I love you very much.

X
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment