December 30, 2014

Kiss & Seal Away 2014

2014 has been a pretty great year despite its lows.

The first half of the year was interesting, as for the first time, I got to see the vulnerable side of my friend, which was really intense; but I'd like to think that that brought our friendship to another level - made us closer. The second half was pretty mediocre compared to the first half. The highlight was probably being elected President of the Singapore Students' Association. I never expected to run for President, and now actually being the President of a club? That's a huge deal for me. I never thought I'd see myself take on such responsibility ever, at least not in this life time. I guess this made me realize that I do have the potential, if only I could believe in myself a little more. I must thank the ex-President for encouraging me to go for it, cause if not for that, I would have just settled to be vice. Also, I made a new friend amongst many others. But this was different and special, or at least I thought so. It was fun while it lasted, which thus explains the lows of this year. I was feeling really down when everything just turned into dust, but I've picked myself up and moved on. I've decided to leave it behind in 2014, and not carry such unhappiness to 2015. 2015 will be a clean, new slate, and I want to start anew.

Like every year, I've made cliche resolutions, although I always fail to achieve them. Nonetheless, I'm still going to keep the tradition and make resolutions, but hopefully not as cliche as previous years. My resolution for 2015 is simple as: Do Whatever Makes Me Feel Good.

I'm done caring for people who do not give a shit about me, and who only come running to me when they need things.
I'm done being a spare tyre for those who need a last minute friend/hangout buddy.
I'm done hating on myself and constantly thinking I'm not good enough.
I'm done with having to deal with other people's bullshit.
I'm done with feeling for things that never existed.


2015 is MY year. Doing whatever that makes me happy and not what pleases others. I've had my fair share of such in 2014. Pleasing others at the expense of your happiness is utter stupidity.
That's my take away from 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment