February 20, 2014

After three months in Singapore, it's time to return to Auckland. Despite my reluctance to, it does feel nice to be back. That sense of familiarity - although I've only lived here for nine months. Walking through the doors of the airport, makes me feel like I'm back home. There's a peacefulness amongst the little bustle that exists that I really love; something Singapore will never experience. Having been here the last nine months or so still doesn't seem surreal. I still wake up sometimes disbelieving the fact that I'm actually living in New Zealand. I guess that explains the dread I felt when I had to go back to Singapore during my summer break. The thought of reality only kicked in when I thought of the flight back to Singapore, as if the last year in Auckland was nothing more than a (extremely) long vacation. However, this does not mean that I don't miss the people there. If I had one wish, I would probably wish for all my family and friends to be in New Zealand with me. Truthfully, I don't think there's much that I will miss about Singapore, other than its comparably low cost of living, WIDE variety of food and fairly efficient public transport system. But those friendships that have gotten me through the past 21 years will not be easy to leave behind. I guess you can never have everything go your way ae. I'd like to think that things happen for a reason. For better or worse, it's really up to each individual to path.

No comments:

Post a Comment