July 9, 2014

There are times I wonder if moving to New Zealand was a mistake, a big mistake. Ever since my family was granted a permanent residency and decided to start anew in Auckland, things haven't been so great. Despite having settled in rather quickly, something still doesn't feel right. My parents have been bickering non-stop; and I mean NON-STOP. It's like they're at each other's throat all the time. Seeing them talk normally to each other is rare, cause most of the time they're yelling at one another. I don't recall it being this bad back in Singapore. I'm so tired of hearing them shout and yell. Sometimes, I feel like I've got to knock some sense into the both of them, but then again, I've no right to do so. If this is what marriage is going to be like, I'd rather be single. I feel absolutely miserable seeing them in this situation, and I sure do not want to end up in one. One never truly knows another. These past month has not been the best. My parents seem to be having trouble adapting to NZ and they don't look too happy here, or at least that's what I think. Maybe staying in Singapore was ideal. Or could it be that we rushed in to buying a house too quick? I don't know what it is, but I do hope it is temporary. On a side note, my mom hates the house, so I don't know why she forced herself to buy it. I guess she could not stand another second living out of a suitcase. Everyone is just upset and short-fused, and not nice to be around. Sighh... We really should have just remained in Singapore. I guess that's where home really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment