February 9, 2013

In a week's time, I'll be leaving for Auckland. I didn't think it would be this fast. And I'm not sure if I'm fully prepared. How does one even prepare itself? To be honest, I'm not sure if I've packed everything. Guess I'll find out once I'm there. Never realize how much of Singapore I'm gonna miss till I lie in bed every night. The only time my thoughts are permitted to run wild. And yes, I'm gonna miss everything about Singapore. From the food to its public transport, and not to mention the people. These past few days with the never ending farewell meals, I've been stuffing myself with all the Asian/Singaporean food. Just a few of what I will miss: Bar Chor mee, Ban Mian, Kway Chap (Pig intestines!), Chilli crab, Prata... and the list goes on. OMG! How am I gonna survive on bread and cereal?! ): Counting down to my departure, it has dawned upon me on how much I've taken Singapore for granted. Especially after watching Ah Boys to Men, I suddenly feel this sense of patriotism. It's just so Singaporean, like only a true Singaporean can relate. This film has got me thinking, a lot. And somehow I think that Singlish is not so bad after all. In fact, it's uniquely Singapore - our identity. Despite our different races and religions, Singlish is one we have in common and that brings us together. And so I hope that we will continue to speak Singlish as well as English. The thought of leaving has not fully sank in, as of now, probably because my parents are accompanying me for 2 weeks? But the day they leave, will be the day that I bury my head in my pillow and cry. I'm not gonna shed a tear when I send them off. I won't. I can't. Sighs... On the other hand, I can't wait for school to start, so I can study! HEH! I will probably regret making this statement, but I'm absolutely dreading this staleness in my life. I need some damn excitement! I will have much more to blog about once I'm there. And with my free time, I might just start vloging. Who knows? My hall has created a Facebook page just for all 2013 students and they seem pretty friendly. I hope they are. Looking at the list of people, I seem to be the only Chinese? There's plenty of Ang Mos' though. Just hoping for the best. Time for me to be friendly and make some goddamn new friends. Gosh, how I hate making new friends. I have no idea how my current friends became my friends. Thankful nonetheless. Stop being such an awkward turtle and step out of your comfort zone. 너 할 수있어! Ohhh geez, they're gonna hate me.

1 comment: