June 23, 2012

What a shame

People change. That's a given. In fact I've changed, or so it feels. The past few months has taught me to be more self reliant. There's no good in being overly reliant, or attached to others. People come and go as they wish. Nothing really lasts. Who will genuinely stand by you every step of the way? Maybe only our parents. There was something special among the six, but now it's lost. Pity. And it's sad that I feel fine with the way things are. No regrets, not even slightly saddened. Honestly, I couldn't care less. Everyone just seems so distant. Each deeply immersed in their own. Weekly get-togethers doesn't hold much meaning anymore. It's become a norm, more of a habit, cause that's how things are and always have been. But what the heck, no one is really present. When people do show up, even the conversations are superficial. Quite pathetic. What has happened to the times where we actually had proper and meaningful conversations? Talked about things that matter. Come to think of it, my happy childhood, could've just been nothing but false pretense. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm just tired of having to wait and hope for the times when we did I sincerely enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment