March 26, 2011

Inapt

Wrong time, wrong place. Sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong era and wrong country. Maybe God made a mistake and wrongly placed me here. There are times when I think what if I was born in another era, would I fit in better. I adore the simple and carefree lifestyle, one free from worries. Where family time was everything. I mean, my family is great, we spend time together and do things together, but there's still room for improvement. I guess in this era, it's difficult; everyone buried in their busy lives.

In my opinion, technology is the reason for the lack of communication between people. People no longer have real conversations nowadays. We feel more comfortable seated behind a screen with our fingers typing profusely on the keyboard. We claim we have hundreds of 'friends' on Facebook, but how many do we really know, or even acknowledge when we see them face-to-face. It seems like we know them inside out, commenting on each other's statuses, but in actual fact, we're no more than strangers. People too caught up with the latest gadgets, I don't understand why. Don't see the need in the constant upgrade of electronics. As long it's able to get me through, why change? I really detest the busy lifestyle. Life, I feel, should be simple and relaxed. No need for appointment after appointment. Sure, it seems happening, but it's draining. And thinking back on the day's accomplishments, it's difficult to pick out one significant event that we can truly say was worth the hassle. It's through such hectic lifestyles, that we miss out on the important things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment