December 10, 2012

I've been enlightened

This feeling of liberation is beyond words. I never thought this day would even come. But glad I am it did. The burden has finally been lifted and somehow disapparated to some place else. No need to question its existence; cause it no longer matters. Absolutely loving the lightness of the heart. Thank God! Emotions no longer blind me from the truth. And yes, I see it for what it was – all along. I was a fool, then. I guess we all were, at least once. Could this mean a new beginning? Or yet another dead end in life? I’ll have to live to find out.

I’ve ranted on and on, on how jaded I feel for being single the whole 20 years of my life. But I've reached a point where I really don’t care anymore. Not cynical, at all. Just decided to not let my life revolve only around this. Wouldn’t life be so much better-off if I just learned to love myself and not let petty matters like such dampen it? I reckon it would be a whole lot more fulfilling if I could appreciate the given and pursue what I love. Pathetic, doesn’t even begin to describe it - waiting and hoping for ‘the one’. I truly believe that life is so much more than that. Everyone is provided an opportunity to make the best out of life, so why not?

To all those singles like me, don’t be disheartened just because you haven’t found ‘the one’. And even if you never do, you are not worse off or less loved than anyone. It’s just another route in life that we’re made to take. We’re all special and unique, and so is our purpose in life.

1 comment: